About this policy
Frederick Woodwards Barbershop is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when:
• you use our website www.woodwards.co.nz
• you make a booking on our website.
• you make enquiries on our website.
• you join our O.G.B club/database.
Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our site.
By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy.
Ensure you understand this policy in its entirety and take your time to read it.
Who are we?
Frederick Woodwards Barbershop is a barbershop/venue based in 28 Cathedral Square, Christchurch, NZ.
Our registered address is: 30/28 Cathedral Square, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8011.
The office address is: Unit 6, 30/28 Cathedral Square, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8011.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you:
• when you make a booking.
• when you visit the venue.
• when you make an enquiry.
• when you sign up to our club/database.
What type of information is collected from you?
You may be asked to submit personal information about yourself when you make a booking. We will collect this information so we can fulfill your booking request and you may dine at our venue.
When you make a booking:
Frederick Woodwards Barbershop collects information such as:
• first and last name
• mobile phone
• e-mail address (used for booking confirmation)
When you visit Frederick Woodwards Barbershop:
• current and past booking details
When you access our site:
There is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Frederick Woodwards Barbershop. This information can include:
• device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet)
• operating system
• IP address
• browser type
• browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
• domain names
• access times
• referring website addresses
• other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy.
If you use our website, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighbourhood).
You may submit your CV if you’re interested in working for us to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information may include:
• personal details
• employment details
• salary history
• other relevant details
We will use this information to assess your application. We may also keep it in our records for future reference. Please get in contact if you would no longer like us to hold your records at email@example.com.
How is your information used?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• internal record keeping.
• send you service emails (booking confirmation and post-dining feedback).
• improve our products and services.
• send marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them.
• we may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with companies if necessary to deliver services on our behalf. For example service providers (e.g. Timely for the provision of online bookings), third-party payment processors, and other third parties to provide our Sites and fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
How and where do we store data?
For reservations taken through Timely software, your data will only be stored in New Zealand.
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that Frederick Woodwards Barbershop holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made to this email address: email@example.com.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site.
Use of ‘cookies’
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server which allows the website to recognise you when you visit. Cookies only collect data about browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify you as an individual.
• Squarespace Ads. We partner with third party publishers, advertising networks and service providers to manage our ads on other sites. Our third party partners may set cookies on your device or browser to gather information about your activities on the Services and other sites you visit, in order to provide you with Squarespace ads. For example, if you visit Squarespace and also use a social media platform, you may see a Squarespace ad in your social media newsfeed or timeline.
• Opting Out. You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services. We currently don’t respond to DNT:1 signals from browsers visiting our Services. You can also opt out of receiving interest-based ads from certain ad networks here (or if located in the European Union, here).
Device Identifiers. We use device identifiers on Squarespace web and mobile applications to track, analyze and improve the performance of the Services and our ads.
Third Party Tags. We use and manage third party tags on the website and associated domains of www.squarespace.com and on Squarespace web and mobile applications. Third party tags may take the form of pixels or tracking snippets. We use pixels to learn how you interact with our site pages and emails, and this information helps us and our ad partners provide you with a more tailored experience. We use tracking snippets to capture data from your browser, make requests to a third party partner or set cookies on your device to store data. For example, if you see a Squarespace ad on a social media platform and choose to use Squarespace, we may use a tag to reduce the number of Squarespace ads you see on that platform. We use Google Tag Manager to manage our third party tag usage. This may cause other tags to be activated which may, for their part, collect data and set cookies under certain circumstances. Google Tag Manager does not store this data.
Cookies on Your Sites. For information about the cookies and similar technologies used on Your Sites click here.
What happens if our business changes hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.